Best Books and/or Practical Advice for a New Grad Student
2021.12.04 22:21 CrumblingGold Best Books and/or Practical Advice for a New Grad Student
Hey all, I was recently accepted into an MSW program that starts in January. It is a two-year standard program and I'm both excited and anxious. I've Googled "best books for grad students" with little luck. Do you all have any book recommendations that might help one prepare for grad school (in general, not specifically an MSW)? I know one can't completely prepare for grad school, but anything helps. Some books I've seen are how to read textbooks properly, "how to write a lot" and how to write papers in general for college. Also memory books have come up in searches. I likd to read and learn best by reading and seeing something physcial, hence my question. I graduated with my Bachelors in 2018 so I'm a little rusty on school. Any practical advice would be welcome as well! If there is already a post with similar questions, please let me know.
submitted by CrumblingGold to GradSchool [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 HooliganMarquez OneCard for Finals?
Do you need your one card to access finals in person?
submitted by HooliganMarquez to MRU [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 Cheekibreeki401k For the love of Christ, please stop the constant complaints.
Yes, it sucks that playlists aren’t here yet. Yes, the monetization and progression isn’t ideal. Yes, the game has issues.
But 343 has said they’re working on it. And you all need to remember that the holidays are coming up, and that a huge chunk of this game was made over god damn voice calls during a global pandemic.
343 is trying. Give them a break. They need time to implement everything we’ve brought up. Insulting devs and the like isn’t making anything better, it’s making some of you look like extremely entitled children.
For the love of god, just give them time. Game development isn’t a quick and easy process. They can’t implement a change overnight, and if they do it that quick, something else might break. Stop acting entitled and give them time.
submitted by Cheekibreeki401k to halo [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 -SavageHenry- An Overview of Many Psychedelic Substances
In the following post I have attempted to provide reductionist descriptions of many of the psychedelics I have tried over the course of my experimentation with this substance class. I have omitted some entries due the redundancy of their description in regards to their more obscure sibling compounds (for example 2-CB, etc.). The street names I've provided here are derived from a mixture of common names for these compounds as well as personal titles for them used within my circle of peers.
The 4-Hydroxy Series The 4-HO-X substituted tryptamines offer a roughly 4-6 hour long experience, all of them are vaguely sedating and cozy feeling. They are most comparable to mushrooms (which contain of course, 4-HO-DMT, A.K.A. Psilocin).
The 5-Methoxy Series These psychedelics represent a much more potent class of tryptamines. They possess a rather stimulating headspace and a far more intense body load compared with their 4-Hydroxy cousins. The visuals they produce are less pronounced than many other psychedelics, and manifest in strange and abstract ways. They typically last from 5-6 hours of main effects with an additional 2-4 hours of residual stimulation.
- 4-HO-MET (A.K.A. Metocin or Colour). Doses range from 20-40mg orally. This tryptamine has a very forgiving and easy-going headspace, while also offering nice classical psychedelic visuals. A good choice for beginner psychonauts.
- 4-HO-DET (A.K.A. Ethocin or Dog Poison). Doses range from 20-40mg orally. This tryptamine has a more soporific and sedating quality with a weird 'fungal' or darkly bizarre headspace. It seems to consistently result in states of uncontrollable laughter towards the tail end of the experience, an effect as enjoyable as it is deeply cathartic. This one is my personal favorite psychedelic.
- 4-HO-MiPT (A.K.A. Miprocin or Alien Shrooms). Doses range from 20-40mg orally. This tryptamine has a medium headspace with luscious vegetive or paisley patterned visuals. A notable emphathogenic quality marks this psychedelic, often inducing feelings of compassion in users (though this effect is less strong than with this compound's big sister 5-MeO-MiPT).
- 4-HO-DPT (A.K.A. Fish Shit). Doses range from 20-50mg intranasally (this one has poor oral bioavailability, and thus is better snorted, a foul endevour indeed). A strange and weirdly sensual experience, this tryptamine is best left for experienced psychonauts. It has an electric body high of a vaguely erotic nature and induces light visuals with a synthetic vibe.
Base Tryptamines The base tryptamines are some of the simplest psychedelics structurally, and indeed also some of the most powerful yet ephemeral. In general they are rapidly broken down by the body, rendering them either completely inactive orally/insufflated. or at least much more rapidly evolving than their 5 or 4 substituted peers.
- 5-MeO-MiPT (A.K.A. Moxy). Dosages range from 6-12mg orally. This psychedelic has a strong body load with an especially tingly feel, not entirely dissimilar to that of classical empathogens like MDMA. If any substance could ever truly be considered an aphrodisiac, it would be Moxy; for sexually charged trips this one is a no-brainer. Be prepared for possible nausea however, as this can sometimes bubble up during the come up. Visuals with Moxy are best induced not by staring at repeating or complex patterns like with many other psychs, but rather by staring into blank surfaces such as ceilings.
- 5-MeO-DiPT (A.K.A. Foxy). Dosages range from 8-14mg orally. The trip offered by Foxy is, like with its sibling Moxy, a more body oriented one. This substance seems to induce a particular sensitivity to music and sound in general; being especially well suited for kinesthetic-synesthesia where dancing becomes an extension of a user's sonic perception. The visuals from Foxy are very faint, but slightly more colorful and synthetic than Moxy's.
Oddball Tryptamines The tryptamines in this polyphyletic category are very unique both structurally and in terms of their effects. Their general characteristics are best described individually.
- DMT (A.K.A. Spice or Dimitri). Dosages range from 30-60mg vaporized (or alternatively 25-40mg orally when preceded by the ingestion of a MAOI such as Syrian Rue tea 45 minutes prior, this is called Pharmauasca). DMT is the O.G. mindblower, its kaleidoscopic visuals and alien headspace leave few unimpressed. The visuals of DMT are very distinct and unique, being extremely vivid and cartoonish. At high doses users will experience a 'breakthrough' where their entire sensory experience is substituted for a colorful hyperspace inhabited by machine elves and sentient faberge organisms. A DMT trip is extremely short, being at most 15 minutes or so (for Ayahuasca or Pharmauasca this is expanded to 6 hours). This compound seems to build tolerance very negligibly, thus making it well suited to repeated dosing in a short timeframe.
- DPT (A.K.A. The Light). Dosages range from 8-25mg insufflated (this substance can also be smoked or eaten, however snorting seems to be one of the most effective and quick acting methods of administration). The trip induced by DPT is somewhat similar to DMT, however insufflated it lasts longer, at roughly 3 hours. The visuals it induces are more synthetic and electric looking than DMT's. This substance produces an intense sensitivity to somatic stimulation and body oriented feelings in general. The overall quality of the body high it causes can be described as electric and sensual, as if a user's entire body was draped with a warm sparkling silk blanket. Though this chemical can be used erotically, it posseses a far more contemplative headspace than the 5-Methoxy tryptamines, and seems better suited to personal introspection.
Phenethylamines While Tryptamine Psychedelics can often be compared to Magic Mushrooms, their distant relatives the Phenethylamines are more closely related to mescaline and therefore the peyote cactus. These psychedelics on the whole are much more stimulating and traditionally euphoric compared with Tryptamines. The visuals they possess are quite different as well, being much more rounded, waxy, and opalescent in contrast to the sharply organic, arabesque, and velvety visuals of the Tryptamine family.
- 5-Bromo-DMT (A.K.A. Sea-DMT or Sponge Dust). The only known psychedelic produced by a marine organism, this substance was first identified in the body of a rare tropical sponge. It is best taken smoked or intrarectally at dosages around 20-80mg. The nature of this drug is very hard to pin down, and indeed it seems to be a highly atypical psychedelic and serenic. Its duration of effects seem to be extremely short, ranging from 15 minutes to maybe an hour tops. The visuals it produces are not particularly strong, and have a wavy or subaquatic vibe. The most notable effect it induces is a strangely calm and hypnotic sensation of oceanic tranquility, leaving users feeling vaguely sleepy and at peace with reality.
- aMT (A.K.A. Indopan or The Rolls-Royce of Psychs). Dosages range from 40-120mg orally or 40-100mg intrarectally (boofing this substance is advantageous as it helps to avoid the nausea it can sometimes induce). Originally developed as a Soviet antidepressant, this substance represents the Tryptamine equivalent to the Phenethylamine's Amphetamine. A bizarre member of this index, it straddles the line between a stimulant and a psychedelic. It lasts a relatively long 12-14 hours. The sensation induced by Indopan is best compared to MDMA or Meth, being predominantly a releasing agent of Dopamine and Serotonin. This makes it a highly stimulating and empathogenic substance, leaving users feeling highly energetic and prone to feelings of universal love and friendliness. aMT also acts as a traditional psychedelic, having very unusual sparkly/glittery visuals manifesting as multicolored scintillations and auras which vibrate around objects. It also possesses a slight psychedelic headspace compared with classical empathogens, however this effect is largely overwhelmed by the uniquely stimulating nature of this substance.
Lysergamides The Lysergamides are perhaps the kings of all the psychedelics, being the most potent and magnificent members of this class. Structurally they represent the chemical intersection point between the Tryptamines and Phenethylamines, and consequentially they can be seen to have many shared effects from both classes, being both introspective and intricately hallucinatory like the Tryptamines and stimulating and euphoric like the Phenethylamines. They typically last for roughly 10 hours.
- Beta-Hydroxy-2C-B (A.K.A. Banana Dream). Dosages from 40-80mg orally. This psychedelic is sibling to the classic phenethylamine 2C-B, and has a very similar easy-going vibe. It takes a long while, maybe 3-4 hours to reach a peak on, and then lasts for perhaps 6-8 more hours. The headspace of this substance is very mellow and has a gentle humourous quality to it that is sure to leave a user smiling. The body feel it produces is slightly energetic and deliciously bouncy, being very well suited for walks on a sunny morning. It has soft melty visuals often manifesting as layers or vibrating edges of pastel colors.
- DOC (A.K.A. The Doc). Dosages of 1-2.5mg orally. This is an extremely potent and stimulating substance, being a member of the psychedelic amphetamine class. Its long duration of roughly 18-22 hours and very intense body load leave it a compound best reserved only for extremely experienced psychonauts looking for a wild ride. DOC can be incredibly stimulating, so much so, that benzos or other sedatives are best to have on hand in case a user finds themself so over-stimulated they feel they might vibrate off the surface of the earth. The visuals produced by this substance are notably pleasant, being colorful and gently morphing, with occasional fast moving striations and patterns resembling designs one might find on the shells of sea creatures. The headspace induced by this compound is rather lucid and thoughtful, particularly well suited to analytic or even scientifically oriented thought.
- LSD (A.K.A. Lucy or Acid). LSD is the prototypical psychedelic and by far the most well know member of the category. Typical doses range from 100-300ug on average. Acid has a very diverse range in regards to its hallucinatory capacity, manifesting itself through a wide range of warping, flanging, and other distortions visual, auditory, and somatically. Typically these sensory hallucinations are dazzlingly colorful, organic and synthetic in form, and in high doses can be extremely overwhelming and all encompassing. The headspace provided by LSD is profoundly intense and largely analytical in capacity, favoring external revelation, though it is indeed also suitable for introspective pondering. The body load of acid is electric and highly euphoric, being best described as tingly and vibrating in a manner conducive to erotic activity, though not exclusively oriented for it.
- ETH-LAD (A.K.A. Pickle Juice). This substance is slightly more potent than traditional LSD-50 and has a much steeper dose curve, it is best dosed from 100-250ug. ETH-LAD is very similar, but distinct enough to deserve to be listed separately with an entry, as apposed to mere LSD pro-drugs such as 1P-LSD. It represents a more intense and visual psychedelic in comparison to acid, however is more prone to negative body load effects, such as nausea or vasoconstriction. The visuals it produces are more frenetic and prismatic than acid's, but in the end they are quite similar, and certainly as diverse. The headspace ETH-LAD induces is a fair bit more intense than LSD's, and must therefore be treated with more respect, as it is easier to take a rather difficult to process amount due to it's potency.
submitted by -SavageHenry-
to Psychedelics [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 shachar2210 Honestly just amazing project, come join
2021.12.04 22:21 EthanForeverAlone The Guardian Angel
2021.12.04 22:21 Minute_Helicopter_97 CAG during Hostage Rescue Training
submitted by Minute_Helicopter_97 to JSOCarchive [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 SnooPeppers7514 Scarlet Sunset. Starting to show some color.
2021.12.04 22:21 ty4ulol Shopping for Lemur pro but overwhelmed with other laptop options
I'm looking to get a laptop with the current sale going on. First of all I'm in no rush, so I'm wondering if I should wait for next months big announcement.
Besides that, I was set on getting the Lemur pro because of the battery life. I have a desktop computer for gaming and heavy lifting after all. But looking at all of the laptops, some other options like the Pangolin seem like a better deal on paper for the hardware, even if they get less battery life.
I would be using this laptop for mostly sitting at the couch or in my kitchen instead of my office. Occasionally will travel with it, but I also have a work laptop I would probably be using. So this would be replacing my 2014 Macbook pro. Mostly I watch videos, browse the web and might do some light gaming.
Battery life would be really nice, but I also want good hardware experience. I have several MBPs sitting around the house that I could use. Anyone have general opinions on if I would be happy with the Lemur pro? I realize this is completely personal preference and subjective but I like the hear anecdotes.
submitted by ty4ulol to System76 [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 kantiano Duet
2021.12.04 22:21 lez_widow silver tab, will i get cancer?
submitted by lez_widow to monsterenergy [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 yallpissmeoff right eye has been throbbing non stop
16F, 5'1, around 100 lbs. for the past week or two, my right eye has been constantly throbbing and both of my eyes have been more red and bloodshot than before. if i pull down and look at the waterline on my right eye i can literally see it throbbing which kinda freaks me out.
i know throbbing eyes can be because of stress and screen time and if i'm honest, i'm not really that stressed of a person at the current moment, but i kinda do have a lot of screen time, mostly because of school. if anyone has any different ideas lmk and thank you!!!!!
submitted by yallpissmeoff to DiagnoseMe [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 nem_v_39 Nooo, Shinpachi!!!
2021.12.04 22:21 CancerousRedditor69 who wants to buy me discord nitro
will kith 💋
submitted by CancerousRedditor69 to teenagers [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 Gavinator10000 I Hate This Clock
2021.12.04 22:21 normymacstan What are things you’d never do if you weren’t trying to have sex?
submitted by normymacstan to AskReddit [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 Dexter500 Just beat Ixion on my first try. What an amazing fight! The new biome is looking really nice. Any tips from here on out? Been enjoying the hollowseeker a lot.
submitted by Dexter500 to Returnal [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 awesomevedo Catering for small work Christmas party
Hey reddit - curious if anyone has had a great experience with a business for catering a small party (talking 15 or less). I've done a lot of research and many seem to be geared towards much larger groups. Would love to support a local place so any ideas are welcome! Thanks! :-)
submitted by awesomevedo to Chattanooga [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 fuckshitasstitsmfer Caturday
2021.12.04 22:21 MarioMovieLand Which of these secondary Mysims Games do you like the Most?
We all know and love the OG Mysims game, as well as Kingdom and Agents! but if those 3 hypothetically did not exist, but the rest of the series did, Which one of these remaining games would be personal Favorite?
submitted by MarioMovieLand to MySims [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 DebraRichardson6 Hedgehogs Lover.........
submitted by DebraRichardson6 to Hedgehogs [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 kvfcb0406 Better Immune System?
Does anyone know if nofap makes your immune system stronger and fight illnesses faster? Currently having a sore throat (2nd day).
submitted by kvfcb0406 to NoFap [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 Glamus64 The is pretty cool :)
2021.12.04 22:21 dudewateva12 Do digital planners/notepads that connect to your phone exist?
I’m looking for a digital notepad or something of the sort that can connect to my phone so say something that can upload a note from my phone. This would be perfect for grocery lists and whatnot. I’m imagining leaving the notepad on the back of the front door and you could write reminders from your bed in the other room
submitted by dudewateva12 to planners [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 22:21 Bewbanks CNN fires Chris Cuomo says CNN